The Tempest2400 2-Channel BaseStation is a Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) digital wireless intercom BaseStation. The front panel LCD display
provides real time status including attery monitoring of active beltbacks and easy access to the hardwire intercom settings and levels. Each BaseStation is capable of Call and Remote Mic Kill.
Key Features and Benefits:
• 2-channel digital wireless BaseStation
• 2.4GHz, license free operation
• 2xTX redundant data transmission
• Lost Packet Concealment prevents “clicks” and “pops” when a data packet is lost
• Connect an unlimited number of BeltStations per BaseStation
• T-Desk software enables remote monitoring via LAN interface
• Optional Remote Transceiver extends antenna coverage up to 1500ft (450m) from BaseStation
The 2-Channel BaseStation connections include a 2-wire interface with M/F 3-pin XLR loop thru and one 4-wire RJ45 port per channel. The 2-wire interface
is compatible with Clear-Com,® RTS,® and Telex® intercom systems, and includes n auto-null circuit.
Utilizing the Tempest system’s TDMA technology and proprietary ZSync synchronization, up to 11 BaseStations and 55 full-duplex wireless BeltStations (in Normal Mode) can be used simultaneously. By switching to Shared or Split
Mode, an unlimited number of BeltStations can be registered to each BaseStation using shared resources.
The 2-Channel BaseStation is supplied with a single whip antenna. On the rear is a RJ45 connector for a (optional) remote transceiver. The remote transceiver can
be located up to 1500ft (450m) away from the BaseStation over CAT-5/6 cable with no loss of RF signal.
Tempest2400 Seamless Roaming
The 2-Channel BaseStation cover large areas with multiple zones by using Seamless Roaming. Seamless Roaming allows one or more Tempest 2.4GHz BeltStations to roam between as many as 16 different BaseStations (coverage
areas or zones) without any intervention from the end user. BeltStations act as they normally do while roaming and there is no interruption of audio or control when a BaseStation switches from one BaseStation to another.
Seamless Roaming Features:
• BaseStations provide seamless roaming zones
• Supports Normal, Shared and Split Modes
• Scalable architecture allows for seamless linked roaming zones
• Seamless handoffs between roaming zones – automatic
• Version Support for this feature: Hardware--v1.18 or higher and Software--v3.0